- the Latin word for amount; the smallest possible discrete unit of any physical property, such as energy or matter.
- the smallest amount of many forms of energy (as light)
- of or relating to the principles of quantum theory - a theory in physics based on the idea
that radiant energy (as light) is composed of small separate packets of energy
- The spreading of something more widely;
- the mixing of particles so that they move from a
region of high concentration to one of lower concentration;
- the scattering of light.